I’m back. This time I did not go on a fabulous vacation, instead I went into overdrive at work and at home (boo), but I feel like the friends that surround me have been rockin’ and rollin’ on some big time projects and inspiration. So I have about 503 ideas for the blog and I’ll hopefully get some time to put pen to paper (so to speak). I know its Wednesday, but I’m going to do a belated Traveling Tuesday post to go ahead and round out our awesome family vacation.
Paris was our last destination and I’ll just say it – we got cheated. We only had 36 hours in the City of Lights and it was just a big tease. But what we lacked in time, we made up for in efficiency and squeezed in a boat tour of the Seine, a trip to Versailles, an 11pm viewing of the twinkling Eiffel Tower and a production at the famous Moulin Rouge.
I really really wanted to visit Ladurée after reading about it on like 100 different blogs – and was really bummed when I didn’t think we were going to have enough time. So, you can imagine how excited I was when there was a Ladurée in the Louvre (so much so that I almost missed our entrance into the actual museum). We also found another little gem of a store next door, Mariage Fréres, an AMAZING tea store. The Husband was over the moon. We bought the Marco Polo flavor and it can seriously make a bad day good.
Here are my favorites of Paris:
- Versailles – I was obsessed with this place. It is gilded, huge, ornate, elaborate…just amazing. You can really picture royalty roaming the halls.
- The Musée de Orsay – We didn’t get a chance to visit the museum on this trip, but I visited it back in 2006 and I could have spent hours there. This is a must-re-visit on my next trip.
- Twinkling Eiffel Tower – I’m sorry. It’s just better than the plain one. Stay up late and see it.
- Sidewalk Cafés – Nothing makes you feel more Parisian
- Napolean’s Apartments in the Louvre – For the love of interiors, this place is magnificent .