For a brief moment we had 30°F weather here and it gave us a chance to finally break out the Jameson’s for a little cold-weather cocktail. The Husband has spent the better part of the last two years perfecting his Irish Coffee recipe and he has it down to an art. It (and a little Redbox action) makes for a great little date night in.
- First, preheat your proper Irish coffee mug, with hot water and then dump the water after a few seconds. (We picked this method up in Doolin!)
- Fill the glass with freshly brewed coffee until it is about three quarters of the way filled.
- Stir in a heaping spoonful of light brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like it.
- Add a shot of Jameson’s or any other favorite Irish whiskey. Stir again.
- Whip up some heavy whipping cream until you have a thick consistency that you can dollop on top. You can refrigerate the left over whipped cream for a couple of days.
- Drizzle Creme de Menthe on top and enjoy!