Since the Hubs and I moved into our house two years ago, we have become really great friends with some of our neighbors. They would all do just about anything to help out one another and it is such a peace of mind to live in such a tight knit community. So with Thanksgiving coming up this week, I wanted to be sure they knew how thankful we are, so I made them a little pumpkin bread as a little pre-Turkey thank you. If you have someone that could use a little past-due THANKS, check out the recipe below.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cups water
- Cream sugar and oil together.
- Add eggs and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture alternating with the water.
- Pour into well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 1 hour 30 minutes if using large loaf pans. If using smaller loaf pans start checking after one hour. Knife should come out clean when done.
- Cool completely before removing from pans.
- Wrap in your favorite paper, adorn with ribbon and spread the neighborly cheer.