Until about 9pm yesterday I thought it was Thursday. I finally realized that I was a day ahead of myself, which means (a) it has been a seriously long week and (b) I’m ready for some weekend cocktails. Over the Christmas break my brother-in-law-to-be got me seriously hooked on the good ole’ Colorado Bulldog. Its a cold drink that warms you up – the perfect winter cocktail.
The Colorado Bulldog: Fill a tall 16 ounce glass 1/3 full of crushed ice. Pour in 1 jigger vodka and 1 jigger Kahlua. Fill to within 1 inch of the rim with Coke. Fill to within 1/2 inch with light cream. Stir to blend. (I use Diet Coke to cut down on the calories and I double the recipe so it fits in my Red Raider Tervis.)
Enjoy! Here’s to Friday!
For a brief moment we had 30°F weather here and it gave us a chance to finally break out the Jameson’s for a little cold-weather cocktail. The Husband has spent the better part of the last two years perfecting his Irish Coffee recipe and he has it down to an art. It (and a little Redbox action) makes for a great little date night in.
The Real Irish’s Irish Coffee
- First, preheat your proper Irish coffee mug, with hot water and then dump the water after a few seconds. (We picked this method up in Doolin!)
- Fill the glass with freshly brewed coffee until it is about three quarters of the way filled.
- Stir in a heaping spoonful of light brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like it.
- Add a shot of Jameson’s or any other favorite Irish whiskey. Stir again.
- Whip up some heavy whipping cream until you have a thick consistency that you can dollop on top. You can refrigerate the left over whipped cream for a couple of days.
- Drizzle Creme de Menthe on top and enjoy!